Shampoo bars have been a hit for a few years already, and let’s be honest, they deserve all the applause and praise, if not for their cuteness, then for eco-friendliness and super-duper bubbles/lather. It’s no wonder so many creators are on the wild quest to find the ingredients and handy molds to make shampoo blocks for personal use or for their business.
If you’re one of them you’ll find this Basic Ingredient List extremely helpful.
- SCI – Sodium cocoyl isethionate or SCS Sodium coco sulfate or SLSA (you can use one or all of them in a shampoo bar)
- Liquid surfactants – Cocamidopropyl Betaine
- active ingredients (Honeyquat, Keratin, etc)
- thickener/cationic emulsifier (BTMS50, BTMS25, Cetyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol)
- oil/butter for extra luxury
- fragrance oil or essential oil
- micas (for color)
- bowl or measuring glass
Of course, you can make more elaborate shampoo bars but if you’re a beginner that list will do.
You can find shampoo bar recipes on this blog! Have fun.